1. The Limits and Exclusions of Sustainable Development: a renewed pathway for socio-environmental transformation?
Organizer: Jessica Hope (University of Bristol). See CFP here.
2. Countering carbon: locating REDD+ contestation
Organizers: Jens Friis Lund (University of Copenhagen); Adeniyi P. Asiyanbi (University of Sheffield). See CFP here.
3. Towards green modernization? Implementation and institutionalization of the green economy
Organizers: Mikael Bergius and Jill Tove Buseth (Noragric, Norwegian University of Life Sciences). See CFP here.
4. Decolonizing Property? Promises, Pitfalls, and Ambivalences of Collective Land and Resource Titling Schemes
Organizers: Connor Joseph Cavanagh (Noragric, Norwegian University of Life Sciences) and Adrian Nel (University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa). See CFP here.
5. The Green Panopticon and its Discontents
Organizers: Robert Fletcher (Wageningen University, Netherlands) and José A. Cortes-Vazquez (University of A Coruña, Spain). See CFP here.
6. Accumulation by Restoration
7. Mobilization against resource extraction and political (re)actions ‘from above’
Organizers: Judith Verweijen (Ghent University) & Alexander Dunlap (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam). See CFP here.
8. Towards Convivial Conservation? Radical Strategies for Saving Nature in the ‘Anthropocene’
Organizers: Bram Büscher and Robert Fletcher (Wageningen University, Netherlands). See CFP here.
9. Conservation in ‘violent environments’
Organizers: Esther Marijnen, Rosaleen Duffy (University of Sheffield), and Lotje de Vries (Wageningen University). See CFP here.
10. Mobility, Immobility, and the Green Economy
Organizers Charis Enns, Brock Bersaglio, and Frances Cleaver (Department of Geography, University of Sheffield; East African Institute, Aga Khan University). See CfP here.
11. How do green interventions work through people?
Organizers: Frances Cleaver (University of Sheffield); Mikkel Funder, (Danish Institute for International Studies). CfP here.
12. Securing Green, Greening security: Examining the Intersection of Green Economies and Green Securities
Organizers: Francis Massé (York University, Canada) Brock Bersaglio and Rosaleen Duffy (University of Sheffield). CfP here.
13. Rural Transformations
Organizers: Kristi-Anne Stølen, Mariel Aguilar-Støen, Jostein Jakobsen and Susanne Normann (SUM, University of Oslo). CfP here.
14. Diving into the ‘Water Towers’: studying the production, enactment and politicisation of an environmental narrative
15. Tangled up in blue and green: The embedded politics of labour in the making of green commodities
16. Political Ecologies, Authoritarian Populism and Emancipatory Politics
Organizer: Amber Huff (IDS and STEPS Center). CfP here.
17. Planning for disaster: predictability and disruption in the Anthropocene
Organizer: Thorgeir Kolshus, Oslo and Akershus University College of the Applied Sciences/ University of Oslo. CfP here.
18. Financialising water security/securing financialisation?
Organizers: Organized by Alex Loftus (King’s College London) and Hug March (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya). CfP here.
19. From performativity to hybridization: exploring theory-practice entanglements in (so-called) market-based environmental initiatives
Organizers: Catherine Windey (University of Antwerp), Vijay Kolinjivadi (Université du Québec en Outaouais), Gert Van Hecken (University of Antwerp), and Elizabeth Shapiro-Garza (Duke University). CfP here.
20. Political Ecologies of Meat
Organizers: Kristian Bjørkdahl, Arve Hansen, Karen Victoria Lykke Syse (SUM, University of Oslo). CfP here.
21. Green cities for whom? Interrogating dominant configurations of greening, governance and inequality
Organisers: Panagiota Kotsila and Melissa García-Lamarca (both at the Barcelona Laboratory for Urban Environmental Justice and Sustainability, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona). CfP here.
22. Political Ecologies of Sustainability Certifications
Organizers: Matthew Archer (Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies) and Martin Skrydstrup (University of Copenhagen, Center of African Studies). CfP here.